Thursday, January 27, 2011

Androgyny Overload


Andrej Pejic for Tush Magazine November 2010

There seems to be an escalating trend happening in the fashion industry, and that is making the boys look like the girls. The fashion industry has always loved pushing the sexuality envelope, and companies like American Apparel have made unisex clothing a much more mainstream prerogative. But still, I have to ask, what's the point? Don't get me wrong, I love my man in a good pair of skinny jeans, and realize that this may be a slightly more feminine option, however, he still looks like a man, just in tighter pants. Who exactly are these new images marketing too? Transsexual men only? It seems to me that men should have the option of being strong, manly, and fashionable. Can't this be a world where a tight pair of pants is simply that- a pair of pants? I digress...

Male models don't work or make nearly as much as female models do, so bravo to the very beautiful men making a name for themselves however they can. Gotta tell you though, I prefer my boys to be men, not women. Just sayin...

Thomas Penfound for Dansk Magazine & Tomek S for Miharayasuhiro S/S 11
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment